2023 American Plan Package Prices
USD$ 1,445 p/p
3-Day American-Plan Package
USD$ 1,695 p/p
4-Day American-Plan Package
USD$ 1,945 p/p
5-Day American-Plan Package
USD$ 2,195 p/p
6-Day American-Plan Package
USD$ 2,445 p/p
7-Day American-Plan Package
USD$ 1,325 p/p
Mid-summer 3-Day Package
USD$ 1,575 p/p
Mid-summer 4-Day Package
USD$ 1,825 p/p
Mid-summer 5-Day Package
USD$ 2,075 p/p
Mid-summer 6-Day Package
USD$ 2,325 p/p
Mid-summer 7-Day Package
A 10% discount applies to youths 16 & 17; a 20% discount applies to youths 13 – 15 and a 30% discount for children under 13 years of age.
A $50 per person early booking / deposit discount applies to all guests depositing prior to October 31st of the year prior to the year of the reservation.
An additional $50 per person discount applies to all guests paying in full prior to December 31st of the year prior to the year of the reservation.
American-Plan Package Features
- Optional, experienced, professional fishing guides with two anglers in a boat with a guide.
- Delicious meals prepared by our expert chef and served in our comfortable lodge dining room by friendly staff.
- Comfortable accommodations in private, fully-modern guest cabins, ranging in size from a 2-guest cabin to a cabin accommodating up to 8 guests. All cabins are equipped with electric lights, and either propane wall heaters or electric baseboard heat, comfortable twin or double beds and full 3-piece bathrooms. Four of Slippery Winds guest cabins feature screened porches so guests can relax outside and enjoy their evenings bug-free.
- On Yoke Lake, 16-foot Alumacraft boats with flat floors, padded swivel seats, and powered by dependable 15 hp 4-stroke Yamaha outboards. Our guide boats feature large casting decks and are powered by 25 hp 4-stroke Yamaha outboards. On Straw Lake Slippery Winds has 2 x 16-foot Naden boats with padded swivel seats and casting decks, powered by 15 hp, 4-stroke Yamaha outboards and 2 x 12-foot Naden boats powered by 15 hp 4-stroke Yamaha outboards (used to portage over the beaver dam to access Bluffpoint Lake via Bluffpoint Creek)
- Log construction main lodge featuring a guest dining room, lounge with a large stone fireplace and screened porch overlooking Yoke Lake.
- High-speed satellite WiFi and satellite television available in the lounge.
2023 Trip Dates
Slippery Winds has no specific changeover dates, however we try to schedule our aircraft charters so our trips are back-to-back with the aircraft carrying both inbound and outbound guests on each trip.
Our 2023 season is scheduled to start on Saturday, May 20th, which is the walleye opener in our zone of Northwestern Ontario. The lodge will be open until approximately the first week of August – depending on demand.
Booking & Contact Information
U.S. $500.00 per person. Deposits are non-refundable. We recommend trip cancellation insurance. Cancellations must be received in writing.
- Round-trip float plane charters between Fort Frances, ON and the lodge.
- Accommodations in fully-modern, private, guest cabins.
- Breakfast, shore lunch (option of shore lunch fixings or a sack lunch) and dinner daily with breakfast on the day of departure from the lodge.
- Daily housekeeping service.
- Boat, motor, gas, nets / cradles, paddles, and PFD’s.
- Harmonized sales taxes.
- Ontario fishing license.
- Overnight accommodations and meals in Fort Frances.
- Guide (if applicable) and staff gratuities.
- Experienced, professional guide service.
- Tackle, bait, confectionery, soft drink, souvenir, liquor, wine, beer and miscellaneous store purchases at the lodge.
Terms And Conditions
Cancellations and Refunds: Deposits are non-refundable. In the event of a last-minute no-show the guest will be financially responsible for the payment of the trip price in full. No refunds will be made of full payments at any time. All package prices are quoted basis specific air charters on scheduled dates. Any guests not travelling on the specified flights as arranged by Slippery Winds Wilderness Resort Ltd. will be financially responsible for the expense of any additional chartered aircraft required to reach the lodge. Anyone voluntarily choosing to arrive or depart on dates differing from those arranged by Slippery Winds Wilderness Resort Ltd. will be financially responsible for any additional costs incurred. No credit will be given for early departures unless arranged in advance. Slippery Winds Wilderness Resort Ltd., which makes every effort to serve our guests and assumes no responsibility or liability for any hazard of any type associated with these trips. Neither is any obligation or responsibility assumed for any political, meteorological, climatic or other event, or for the services of transportation companies, contractors or other principals for whom Slippery Winds Wilderness Resort Ltd. acts as agents. Slippery Winds Wilderness Resort Ltd. assumes no responsibility for travel delays due to weather, strikes or actions of transportation companies contracted by, or for whom Slippery Winds Wilderness Resort Ltd. acts as agents. Slippery Winds Wilderness Resort Ltd. assumes no responsibility for lost or misplaced personal property. Slippery Winds is pleased to announce our partnership with Global Rescue to provide our guests with the world’s premier emergency evacuation and travel insurance program. We recommend all guests protect their investment in their trip with Global Rescue and IMG Signature Travel Insurance. Just click on the link below to go to the Global Rescue web site for more information on the programs they offer, or to enroll in ether Global Rescue or IMG Signature Travel Insurance: https://globalrescue.com/slipperywindswildernesslodge.