Check here for the latest news from Slippery Winds Wilderness Lodge
2023 Sport Fishing Show Schedule
Slippery Winds Wilderness Lodge will be exhibiting at three Outdoor shows in January and February, 2023. We’ll be attending the following shows:
- January 20-22, 2023. Milwaukee All Canada Show – Brookfield Conference Center, Brookfield, WI;
- February 2 – 5, Chicago All Canada Show – Kane County Fairgrounds, St. Charles, IL;
- February 24 – 26, Wisconsin Fishing Expo – Exhibition Hall at the Alliant Energy Center, Madison, WI.
We look forward to seeing everyone at the shows in 2023 and talking about the great fishing adventures Slippery Wind Wilderness Lodge has to offer!
Check out Lodge News – view our current brochure, rates and newsletters, etc.
Slippery Winds’ 2023 Season
After a two year hiatus, we were looking forward with great anticipation to the 2022 fishing season at Slippery Winds. Mother Nature was less than co-operative, as winter didn’t appear to want to release its icy grip on Northwestern Ontario. This delayed our arrival at the lodge by several days, but when we arrived at the Straw Lake boat landing the ice was off the lake.
This spring, much of eastern Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario were plagued with record high water levels. We were fortunate, as unlike much of Sunset Country, the water levels on our six lakes were normal to slightly higher than normal.
With two years of minimal fishing pressure on our lakes, Slippery Winds guests reported some excellent fishing this season. Some notable fish that were caught-and-released by our guests were:
- a 34″ lake trout – caught on Yoke Lake by Tammy DeWolfe;
- a 20″ largemouth caught on Sucan Lake by Ed Hoffman;
- a 44″ muskie caught on Yoke Lake by Mike Griffith;
- a 36″ northern pike caught on Sullivan Lake by Steve Rutherford;
- an 18-1/2″ smallmouth caught on Straw Lake by Eric Sacks, and;
- a 29-1/2″ walleye caught on Yoke Lake by Gary Moore.
Wishing you tight lines and fair winds!
Subscribe to our Newsletter